"Better Understand the Game"
Competing either as an individual or as teams of two high-school students (pairs), we ask for you to pose and answer a research question in the NBA, NFL, NHL or MLB (only one per team) that allows us (the league and the fan) to better understand the game as a whole. The purpose of this prompt is to be open-ended - be creative!
- How does player contract value affect a player's play?
- Can social media chatter affect a player's play?
- What team/player strategies correlate with strong performance on the court/field?
- Or anything of your choice!
We encourage all participants to answer your question using quantitative evidence (look at the Resources tab to get started).
Once you have answered your question, we ask for one PDF report including the following:
- Your research question at the start of the report
- Maximum 1000 words explaining your research and quantitative methods
- Minimum 3 graphs that relate to your research
This report must be submitted to the form on the "Submit" tab, by July 4th, 2022.